Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Teriyaki Asparagus

Once again I hit the produce department at the right time this weekend and got 2 bunches of asparagus for $1!
I am pretty sure I have never bought asparagus before because the hubs isn't a fan-- but I love it, so I wanted to make some for myself!   We were having Sesame Chicken for dinner... so I figured a Teriyaki sauce on the asparagus would compliment the main dish!

Teriyaki Asparagus
serves 2

Ingredients:

  • 1 bunch of asparagus
  • 1 tbsp Olive Oil
  • 1/4 small onion, diced
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 tsp teriyaki sauce
Method:
  1. Wash & Trim the ends of asparagus.
  2. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Add onion and saute until translucent (approx 5 min.)
  3. Add asparagus and garlic to skillet and stir fry for approximately 8-10 minutes or until asparagus is desired tenderness.  (I like mine more done... so I left it on low for a while!)
  4. Once asparagus is done, drizzle with 2 tsp teriyaki sauce and toss.  
  5. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment