Buffalo Chicken, Sweet Potato & Carrot Bake
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 45 minutes
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 whole carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 2 tbsp. garlic powder
- 6 tbsp. hot sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 12 slices of turkey bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- pepper to taste
-Preheat your oven to 400 F.
-In a large bowl, combine together the olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, hot sauce, and season with pepper to taste.
-Add the sweet potatoes, carrots and chicken; stir to coat.
-Empty the bowl into a prepared 9 x 13 casserole dish.
-Bake in the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
-Add the green onions and bacon to the dish and place back in the oven for another 5 minutes to let all the flavors combine. Makes around 8 servings (1 cup each).
1 serving = 1 red, 1 yellow, 1 green, 2 tsp