We love anything with an oriental flare and I came across this Sesame Chicken recipe on Me and My Belly Blog and came up with something similar with the ingredients I had on hand! This was QUICK, EASY and when the hubs & the toddler like it... it will go down on the dinner rotation list!
Next time I make this recipe I will definitely DOUBLE it because there were barely any leftovers... and mama loves leftovers!!!
Slow Cooker Sesame Chicken
- 2-3 Chicken Breasts, cubed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp Ketchup
- 1 Tbsp Canola Oil
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 tsp cornstarch (mixed in 3 Tbsp cold water)
- Sesame Seeds (not absolutely necessary-- but it is Sesame Chicken!)
- Place cubed chicken in crock pot.
- Mix together honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, ketchup, canola oil, onion powder and garlic powder. Pour mixture over chicken.
- Cook on Low 3-4 hours or until chicken is done. Remove chicken from crockpot- leaving sauce.
- Mix 2 tsp cornstarch with 3 Tbsp cool water. Add cornstarch mixture to sauce in crock pot, mixing well. Turn crock pot to HIGH and let cook/thicken for 10-15 minutes.
- Add Chicken back to sauce/crock pot and coat well with sauce - let chicken warm 10 min.
- Serve over Rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve