Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Sweet Bean Salsa!!

My fabulous mother-in-law Pam brought this Sweet Bean Salsa to share at a Wine & Design night I had back in October.  She had gotten the recipe from my sis-in-law Katherine (everyone check out her photography website!  She rocks:  Furnished Photography )  who had gotten it from someone else so this recipe has been passed on many times and is refreshing and YUMMY!

Since they shared it with me in October, I have made it for 4-5 different events I have attended and everyone always RAVES about it and begs for the recipe... I have promised many people I would post it on the blog and here it is FINALLY!!

Sweet Bean Salsa
  • 2-3 Stalks Celery Chopped
  • (1) Small-Medium Green Pepper Chopped
  • (1) Small-Medium Sweet Onion Chopped
  • (1) Can White Corn, drained
  • (1) Can Pinto Beans, rinsed & drained
  • (1) Can Black Eyed Peas, Rinsed & Drained
  • (1) Can Black Beans, Rinsed & Drained
  • (1) Small Jar Pimientos, drained
Combine all of the above in a large bowl.

Sauce
  • 3/4 cup white vinegar
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 Tbsp water
  • 1/2 cup oil
  • 1 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper 
Boil the above sauce ingredients, stirring occasionally until mixture is clear.  Let cool.  Pour over vegetables and toss.  Refrigerate overnight.  Before serving, drain excess liquid from the bowl.

Best served with "Scoops" Tostitos so the beans don't roll off your chip!  =)
Enjoy,
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment