Sunday, February 12, 2012

Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies- Perfect Valentine's Day Dessert!

Looking for a decadent dessert to make for your huny on Valentine's Day?  Look no further!   This dessert is easy and delicious!  I found the recipe on pinterest (of course) from Sweet Peas Kitchen .

I left the page up on my computer because I was trying to decide what dessert to make and the hubs saw the photo and said MAKE THAT!

Here is my version, I tweaked the recipe just a tad bit from Sweet Peas Kitchen because I LOVE chocolate and wanted them a bit more chocolatey.



Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies

Brownie Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup butter (I used salted-that's all I had)
  • 1/2 bag of dark chocolate morsels (about 5 oz)
  • 1 cup Sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1tsp vanilla
  • 2 tsp red food coloring
  • 2/3 cup flour
  • 1/4 tsp salt
Cheesecake Ingredients:
  • 8 oz Cream Cheese Softened
  • 1/2 tsp Vanilla
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup sugar
Preheat Oven to 350.   Prepare an 8 x 8 pan with parchment paper-greased.  

Brownie Prep:  Melt Butter & Dark Chocolate in Small Bowl in Microwave.  Stir until smooth and set aside.
In a Medium sized Bowl, whisk together Sugar, Eggs, Vanilla and Red Food Coloring.  Add Chocolate Mixture- stir until smooth.  Add Flour & Salt and stir until smooth.  Put Brownie Mixture in prepared 8 x 8 pan.

Cheesecake Prep:  Beat cream cheese, vanilla, egg and sugar until smooth.  Put spoonfuls of mixture over brownie batter.  Use a knife- swirl the cheesecake mixture into the brownie mixture.

Bake in oven 35-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.   Let cool and then lift parchment out and cut them into squares.
Make sure you keep them refrigerated!

3 comments:

  1. Are dark chocolate morsels the same as semi-sweet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use semi-sweet if you want! I used dark chocolate morsels that I had in the pantry instead of milk chocolate =)

      Delete
  2. These really look amazing and you are right, they are perfect for Valentine's Day. This is my first visit toyour blog, so I took some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete