If you woke up to freezing temperatures and have the ingredients in your fridge, throw them all in your crock-pot so you have a delicious WARM soup to eat later after enduring the frigid cold all day!
Crock-Pot Chicken Noodle Soup (My Way)
*I don't measure anything.. so I tried to put approximates!*
- Chicken-uncooked (whatever you have- I had 3 breasts in the freezer I am using)
- 4 Stalks of Celery chopped
- 4 Carrots peeled & chopped
- 1 Sweet Onion Chopped
- Parsley (approx 1/4 cup)
- Basil (approx 1 tsp)
- Seasoned Salt (approx 1tsp)
- Salt (approx 1 tsp depending on how salty you like it)
- Pepper (approx 1/4 tsp)
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 Cups Water
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth (I use reduced sodium)
- 1/2 bag of Egg Noodles
Throw all of the above in your 4-5qt crockpot and cook on Low 8hrs. Shred Chicken and if you used bone-in chicken, remove any bones. Add noodles and cook another hour on Low. Enjoy!
*If you don't have egg noodles you can also use Rice and make it Chicken & Rice Soup! Depending on the type of rice... you may only have to cook it 30 additional minutes.
*Note: I threw my Chicken Breast in the crock-pot Frozen-- it will cook just fine from that state =)