Buffalo Chicken Dip:
(makes approx 12 servings)
- 3 chicken breasts
- (2) 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch Dressing
- 1/2-3/4 bottle of Buffalo Wing Sauce (I usually use Texas Pete Brand) *hotness is your preference
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Scoops (Tostitos)
- Celery (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 400. Wash & Trim Chicken Breasts. Place chicken breasts in oven-safe dish with lid. Cover chicken completely with water- cover and place in oven for 20-30 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Shred chicken with two forks. Place in crock pot.
- Make sure cream cheese is soft (sometimes I will put in microwave (REMOVE FOIL WRAPPER) and get it really soft so it is easy to mix in).
- Add cream cheese, ranch dressing, cheddar cheese and buffalo wing sauce to crock pot and mix well. At this point I usually "taste' how the mixture is on a chip to see if I need to add more of anything (usually wing sauce). Keep adding wing sauce until the "taste" meets your approval-- I like a lot of wing sauce!
- Warm on high in slow cooker until hot & bubbly- stirring every so often. (approx 1.5-2 hours)