For #tastytuesday I want to share one of my favorite "clean" AND easy recipes that is 21 Day Fix Approved! I have adapted this recipe a bit from FITs Simple!
21 Day Fix Approved Chili
Prep Time: 20 min Cook Time: 4-8Hrs
• 1 lb. lean ground turkey(or chicken) breast
• 1 sweet onion, chopped
• 1 sweet bell pepper (yellow or red), chopped
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 (15 oz.) can canned diced tomatoes (no salt added)
• 1 cup white shoepeg sweet corn (frozen or canned & drained)
• 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed (no salt added)
• 1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed (no salt added)
• 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce (no salt added)
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
• 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
• 1 tsp. crushed red peppers (or to taste!)
• Himalayan salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
• Plain Greek Yogurt, Green Onions, Jalapenos (optional toppings)
1. Cook turkey (or chicken), onion, bell pepper, and garlic in medium
nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, 4 to 5 minutes,
or until meat browns.
2. Add all remaining ingredients and meat mixture to the slow cooker and cook on high 4 hours or low for 8 hours (or
warm until needed).
3. Optional: Add a dollop of plain greek yogurt and top with green onions before serving.
21 Day Fix Container Equivalents (for 2 cups of chili)
1. 1 Red = Meat
2. 1 Green = Diced Tomatoes, Sauce, Peppers, and Onion
3. 1 Yellow = Beans & Corn