Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 1 1/2 Ibs Potatoes Peeled & Cubed
- 6 Carrots cut into 1 inch slices
- 1 Sweet Onion Coarsely Chopped
- 3 Celery Ribs Coarsely Chopped
- 3 Tbsp Flour
- 1 1/2 Ibs Beef Stew Meat cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
- 1 Can (28oz) Diced Tomatoes, Undrained
- 1 Cup Beef Broth
- 1 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp thyme
1) Layer the vegetables in a 5-qt slow cooker. Coat Beef with Flour evenly. In a large skillet, brown meat in oil. Place over Vegetables.
2) In a large bowl combine tomatoes, broth, mustard, salt, pepper, thyme. Pour over beef. Cover and cook on High 1.5 hours. Reduce heat to Low and cook an additional 7-8 hours or until vegetables are tender.
I have been craving brownies all week... Unfortunately, I did not have my Duncan Hines mix in the pantry so in desperation made some from scratch!
They are actually about the best brownies I have ever had and SUPER EASY to make from scratch.
I'm Craving Chocolate Brownie Recipe:
- 1/2 Cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips or chunks
1) Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9 x 9 baking pan.
2) In Medium bowl mix together oil, sugar and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a separate bowl. Gradually stir into the egg mixture until well blended. Stir in Chocolate Chips (if desired). Spread evenly in prepared pan.
3) Bake 25-30 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from edges of pan. Enjoy!