Here was the menu:
-Homemade Sweet Vidalia Onion Dip
-Mini Hot Roast Beef, Pork Tenderloin and Ham Sandwiches
-Cranberry Cocktail Meatballs
-Veggie Pizza (Thanks Mom!)
-Mini Onion Quiches
-Mustard Dill Tortellini Skewers
Homemade Sweet Vidalia Onion Dip:
- 1 Tbs Olive Oil
- (2) Vidalia Onions finely chopped
- Salt & Ground Peper
- (1) Cup Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- (2)oz reduced Fat Cream Cheese Room Temp
- 1 1/2 tsp white-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped chives
- potato chips for serving
1) In a large skillet, heat oil over medium. Add Onions; season with salt & pepper. Cook stirring frequently, until golden brown, 12 to 15 min. Let cool to room temperature.
2) In a medium bowl, combine onions, sour cream, cream cheese, vinegar, chives. Season with salt & pepper. Chill dip about 1 hr until thickened. Serve with Chips.
Hot Party Sandwiches
- (1) Package of Dinner Rolls (I use Sara Lee out of the bread section)
- Peach Preserves
- Mustard-Mayo Blend
- 3/4 Pound of your choice meat (Roast Beef, Turkey, Ham, Pork Tenderloin)
- 1/4 Pound Havarti Cheese
1) Remove Rolls from package -do not seperate. Cut rolls horizontallyto make (1) top andn (1) bottom. Spread Peach Preserves on cut side of top and Mustard-Mayo blend on cut side of bottom. Top with meat & cheese. Cover with Top half of rolls and wrap in aluminum foil.
2) Bake at 325 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted. Slice into individual sandwiches.
- (2) Pkg 8oz Cream Cheese Softened
- 3/4 cup Pepperoni Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Grated 3-cheese blend
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Black Olives
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Basil
- 6 Tbsp Chopped Roasted Red Peppers, divided
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1) Mix Cream Cheese, pepperoni, grated cheese, olives, chopped basil and 2 Tbsp pepper until well blended. Shape into log 16 in long and wrap with plastic wrap.
2) Refrigerate (1) hour or until firm enough to handle. Form into wreath shape on large plate.
3)Top with remaining red pepper and parsley. Garnish with Fresh Basil and serve with crackers.
Tortellini Salad Skewers
- (1) 9oz Package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- (1) 8oz package frozen sugar snap peas
- (1)pt grape tomatoes cut in half
- Vinaigrette of Choice
1) Cook tortellini according to package directions. Rinse under cold running water.
2) Place Sugar Snap Peas in small bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Microwave on HIGH 2 min. Let stand covered 2 min. Rinse under cold running water.
3) Thread each skewer with (1) Sugar Snap Pea, (1) Tomato Half, (1) Toretllini. Place in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Pour Vinaigrette of choice over skewers, turning to coat. Cover and chill 4 hours. Transfer skewers to platter.
*I recommend using a Champagne Vinaigrette or Mustard Dill*
- (2) ibs ground beef
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1- 16 oz can cranberry sauce
- 1- 12 oz jar chili sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp dried red pepper flakes
1) Combine first 8 ingredients in large bowl. Shape mixture into about 54 (1-inch) balls
2) Bake meatballs in oven at 350 degrees for approx 25- 30 min. (until browned)
3) Stir together Cranberry and Chili Sauces and next 5 ingredients in crock pot. Add meatballs and cook on low until heated through.
Mini Onion Quiches
- 3/4 Cup Crushed Saltine Crackers
- 1/2 Stick Melted Butter
- Cooking Spray
- 1 Cup Chopped Vidalia Onions
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Cup Grated Swiss Cheese
1) Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Combine Cracker Crumbs and Melted Butter. Divide Crumbs among mini muffin tins that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
2) Saute Onion for 10 min with 2 Tbsp Butter. Cool then divide evenly on top of cracker crumbs. Beat Eggs, add milk, salt, pepper and swiss. Pour spoonfuls over top of onions. Do not fill to top. Bake until set about 150 20 minutes.
The Stuffed Mushrooms failed the test kitchen... so I will not be sharing that recipe!