Thursday, October 27, 2011

Marinated & Baked Pork Chops

This is ANOTHER super easy recipe! Harris Teeter had Value Packs of Bone-In Pork Chops on sale... now what are Andrew & I going to do with (8) Pork Chops??? Prep & Vacuum-pack them with this new fabulous & easy recipe!

Marinated & Baked Pork Chops

Ingredients
*I quadrupled the below ingredients for my 8 pork chops and individually packed them in pairs for future dinners*
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce (honestly- I was out of soy so I used Teriyaki and they turned out great)
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 2 tablespoons brown sugar
  • 2 tablespoons ketchup
  • 2 Bone-In pork chops, trimmed

Directions (if you are going to eat them now)

  1. In a bowl, thoroughly blend soy sauce, vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, and ketchup.
  2. Place pork chops in a medium baking dish, and spread with the sauce.
  3. Bake pork chops 30 minutes in the 350 degree preheated oven. Turn chops and continue baking 15 minutes or until done. * I put the broiler on for about 4 minutes once they were done to thicken the glaze a bit

Directions (if you are going freeze them and eat them later)

  1. In a bowl, thoroughly blend soy sauce, vegetable oil, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, and ketchup.
  2. Divide Pork Chops however you wish between freezer bags. (I put (2) chops in each bag) Before I put meat in freezer bags I wrote the following directions on each one: 350 degrees 30min/flip/15min (so I wouldn't forget how long to cook them)
  3. Pour the sauce over the pork chops, evenly distributing between bags. Close bags, removing air (or vacuum pack them) and coat chops well with sauce.
  4. Place in freezer.
  5. When you are ready to enjoy these for a meal, take them out of the freezer and place them in fridge overnight to defrost. Dump defrosted chops & sauce in prepared baking dish. Bake pork chops 30 minutes in the 350 degree preheated oven. Turn chops and continue baking 15 minutes or until done. * I put the broiler on for about 4 minutes once they were done to thicken the glaze a bit

ENJOY!

2 comments: