As I was prepping I realized that the recipe said to "de-skin" the chicken... DE-SKIN A CHICKEN!?!?! They must be crazy, this does not sound very pleasant. As I started to "de-skin" the chicken I was thinking to myself "wow this is the most disgusting thing I have ever done... this recipe better be PRETTY DURN GOOD if I am ever going to do this again!!!
Well... the recipe turned out GREAT and Andrew even went back for seconds AND ate it as leftovers the next day... therefore I will share it! Good luck with the "de-skinning!"
Ready In: Ingredients
8 Hrs 15 Min
- 1 (3 pound) whole chicken, skin removed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Remove skin from chicken, and empty inner cavity of contents within. Pat chicken dry with a paper towel, and place inside the slow cooker.
- In a bowl, stir together the chicken broth, soy sauce, olive oil, honey, Worcestershire sauce, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Pour mixture over chicken, and cover.
- Cook chicken on low setting for 8 hours, or 4 hours on high setting.