Hope you enjoy!
Healthy"ish" Eggplant Parmesan Bake
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Dry, Plain Breadcrumbs
- 1 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- salt & pepper
- 3 Ibs Eggplant (approx 2-3 eggplants) peeled and cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 72 ounces Tomato Sauce. (you can use your favorite store bought OR make your favorite marinara)
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- Preheat Oven to 375.
- In a shallow bowl whisk together eggs and 2tbs water.
- In another shallow bowl mix together breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, basil, salt and pepper.
- Dip Eggplant Pieces in egg-wash coating evenly- let excess egg drip off. Dredge through breadcrumbs and coat evenly on all sides. Place Eggplant on baking sheets.
- Bake 20 Minutes or until golden brown. Turn and bake an additional 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove From Oven.
- Cover bottom of (1) 9 x 13 pan or (2) 8 x 8 pans with sauce.(approx 2 cups).
- Arrange Eggplant in dish in a layer overlapping slightly. Top with 1/2 cup mozzarella. Top with Sauce. Repeat Layers until no more eggplant/sauce left. You should end with a layer of sauce. Sprinkle top with Mozzarella and a little Parmesan.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.