Stuffed Chicken in Puff Pastry
- (2) Chicken Breasts
- (1) Large Sheet of Puff Pastry (I used Pepperidge Farm)
- (4) oz Cream Cheese
- (4) Slices Bacon Cooked and Crumbled
- Handful of Flat-Leaf Parsley Chopped
- (3) Green Onions Chopped
- (1) Egg (beaten)
- Garlic Salt
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Cook Bacon, let cool and crumble. Place in small mixing bowl
- Chop Green Onion and Parsley and place in bowl with bacon.
- Soften cream cheese and add to bowl with bacon, onion and parsley. Add Red Pepper Flakes, Black Pepper and Garlic Salt all to taste. Mix ingredients well.
- Dry chicken breasts as best you can and cut a slit in each one to insert the cream cheese mixture. (I cut the slit right down the top/center of the breast)
- Stuff Cream Cheese Mixture Evenly between breasts.
- Puff Pastry: make sure puff pastry is no longer frozen (takes about 40 min to thaw from freezer). FLOUR THE SURFACE you will be using to work with puff pastry (I learned the hard way that wax-paper is an adhesive to puff pastry!!) Roll out the puff pastry sheet and cut in half. (should be a good size to wrap the chicken breasts in)
- Place (1) piece of chicken in the middle of one of the halves of puff pastry. Wrap the puff pastry around the chicken, sealing the edges with the beaten egg. Once chicken is sealed in puff pastry coat the top of the pastry with egg. (this helps to brown it).
- Wrap remaining breast in puff pastry repeating step 7.
- On a foil covered baking sheet cook chicken in puff pastry for 35 minutes at 400 degrees.
I forgot to take a photo before I dove into it... so here was a "after" pic