Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Slow Cooker Steak Tacos


I had a London Broil in the fridge that I needed to use up--- and I was in the mood for some sort of shredded beef tacos/carne asada.  I don't think I had ever put a London Broil in the crock pot before but I figured it couldn't turn out TOO BAD... right?   

It ended up being really good! 

Here is what I did:


Slow Cooker Steak Tacos

Ingredients:
  • 2-3 Ibs of Beef (You could use london broil, roast, steak, stew meat)
  • 3 Tbsp Chili Powder
  • 1.5 Tbsp Cumin
  • 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
  • 1/2 cup lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 4 cloves garlic minced
  • 12 oz bottle of dark beer
  • 1 sweet onion
  • 3 jalepeno peppers
  • 2 tsp oregano
Method:
  1. First I combined the Chili Powder, Cumin, Cayenne Pepper, Lime Juice, Salt and Garlic in a ziploc bag-- I mashed it around well to combine it, and it had a paste like consistency.  
  2. Next I added the beef to the bag and coated it really well on all sides with the paste.
  3. Throw the beef/bag in the fridge overnight to marinate.
  4. The next morning -- put the beef in the crockpot, chop up the (3) jalepenos (discard the seeds), cut the onion into 8-10 pieces, sprinkle the 2 tsp oregano on top and dump in the 12 oz bottle of beer. 
  5. Cook on LOW for 6-8 Hours.
  6. Once beef is tender/cooked, shred with two forks and add back to the sauce in the crockpot-- mix well.
  7. Serve on your choice of tortilla (we used corn tortillas) and top with cheese, salsa, sour cream, guacamole, black beans ect!    (We also ate these as leftovers on top of chips to make nachos!  YUM)
*Leftovers freeze well to eat at a later date also!

ENJOY~
Melissa

1 comment: