We have the same old vegetables at our house-- broccoli and green beans! I wanted to mix up the repertoire and decided to buy some brussels sprouts-- after looking at a handful of different ways to prepare brussels, I came up with a concoction I thought sounded like it would turn out the best! I LOVE the way these turned out- and they will be on the rotation quite frequently. I will also mention my 15 month old LOVES them too-- toddler eating brussels sprouts, I think yes!
Mustard Bacon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
approx 4 servings
- 16 oz bag of frozen brussels sprouts (you can use fresh also!)
- 5 pieces of precooked bacon, chopped
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 3 Tbs whole grain mustard
- 2 Tbs Honey
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line baking sheet with foil and spray with cooking spray.
- In a small/medium mixing bowl mix together the chopped bacon, olive oil, whole grain mustard, honey, black pepper, red pepper flakes and paprika.
- Add frozen brussels sprouts to bowl and mix/coat well with bacon/mustard mixture.
- Transfer brussels to foil lined baking sheet, scraping the bowl to get all the mustard/bacon mixture on the brussels. Distribute in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast in preheated oven for 25 minutes.