I tried two improvised concoctions with it and wanted to share because I think they both turned out pretty good!
First-- if you have a boston butt-- just cook it on low for 8-10 hours in the crock pot. Once it is done, remove the fat from the meat and shred the meat up well with two forks. I put all the meat in a ziploc bag to use as I needed.
Boston Butt Recipe #1
|The only picture I got of the enchiladas!!|
(makes approx. 6 enchiladas)
- 1 1/2 cups pulled pork
- 1 can rotel
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- (6) corn tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used Daiya Vegan Cheese so my little one could eat them!)
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees.
- I have a Pampered Chef Deep Covered Baker so I used that for the recipe. (Here is the link to my post on the DCB and how to get one!)My recipe inspiration is also a Pampered Chef recipe called "Easy Enchiladas" that uses chicken-- (check it out.) I placed the pulled pork and can of rotel in my deep covered baker (you can also use a casserole dish 11 x 7 size would work well. I covered the pork/rotel and placed in microwave for 5 minutes on high.
- Remove the dish from the micro and drain excess juice out of the pork/rotel.
- Next add 1/8 of the enchilada sauce to the pork/rotel and mix together.
- Push pork/rotel mixture to one end of the dish (leaving space to start placing the tortillas.)
- Hold corn tortilla in hand and fill with pork mixture. Roll tortilla and place in casserole seam side down. Repeat with remainder of pork mixture/tortillas.
- Top tortillas with remainder of enchilada sauce.
- Top tortillas with cheese.
- Cover and bake 15 minutes covered, and then 10 minutes uncovered. *If you are using your PC Deep Covered Baker you can opt to put this in microwave for 6 minutes instead of oven.
Top with Sour Cream! ENJOY
Boston Butt Recipe #2
This one really was a "throw what you have in the kitchen in the crock pot type of recipe-- but I thought it turned out delicious and it was PERFECT for a cold icy day!
Kitchen Sink Brunswick Stew
(makes approximately 8 servings)
- 4 cups pulled pork
- 3 carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- olive oil
- 3/4 cup peas (frozen or canned)
- 2 cans creamed corn
- (2) 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
- 2.5 cups Beef Broth (I used reduced Sodium)
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3Tbs Red Wine Vinegar (If I had Apple Cider Vinegar in pantry I would have used that-- either way I think it would be good!)
- 3 Tbs Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Dice carrots, celery and onion. Heat 1tsp olive oil over medium heat in skillet. Add carrots, celery and onions and cook until soft, stirring frequently. (approx 10 minutes)
- While vegetables are cooking- place rest of ingredients in large slow cooker. Pork, peas, creamed corn, diced tomatoes, beef broth, ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, worc. sauce, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and black pepper. Mix well.
- Once vegetables are soft transfer to slow cooker- mix well.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours.
*I plan on freezing the leftovers of this stew for another day!! It will definitely freeze well!